When you’re planning a fairly large event to be held outdoors, one of the things you’ll need to consider is the rental of a party tent. It will be important to protect party guests and any food you’re serving by providing shelter in the event that inclement weather plagues your event. There are lots of companies around which rent out party tents to consumers, so you’ll need to figure out which one of those companies would be best to work with. If you’re still undecided about renting, here are some things to remember about party tents.
Some tents are completely waterproof, and that’s something you’ll want to keep in mind, especially if you live in a typically wet region of the country. Most party tents are also sturdy and able to stand up to a strong wind if anchored securely, so you won’t have any collapses. Some tents can also be chosen because they fit the theme of your party, i.e. birthday, anniversary, lawn party, church social, etc. The most significant feature of any good party tent is that it will keep your guests dry and comfortable.
Securing your Party Tent Rentals
If your party tent rentals is being secured to a lawn, stakes are generally used to secure it from being blown away. On an asphalt surface such as a parking lot, you should probably use Asphalt Anchors from MJC Sales & Marketing, since these do the job nicely and will not harm the asphalt. A little extra care must be taken on windy days to make sure the party tent rentals is quite secure, and so that no one would be harmed in the event of a structure being blown away.
One of the biggest benefits of using a party tent is that it will be more cost-effective than almost any other shelter you choose to provide. Renting a pavilion in a public park for instance, will cost much more than a simple party tent for a day. When you collaborate with a party tent rentals company, you can also potentially rent out any of the other items you might need for your event, such as a stage, lighting, decorations, and chairs. Some companies offer rental packages which include many of the accessories you’ll need for your party, so you can save on renting those as well. If your rental company also provides cutlery, your rental can be an environmentally-friendly event, because you won’t have to buy lots of plastic knives and forks to accommodate your guests.
Purpose and Uses
There are literally endless uses and purposes for party tents. In the past, they have been used to celebrate birthday parties, wedding celebrations and anniversaries, corporate events, talent shows, picnics, and even battle-of-the-bands events. Suffice to say that almost any event you are planning to hold outside might benefit by having a party tent on hand for attendees. The tent can serve as a focal point for the event, where announcements are made, food is served, entertainment is staged, and all these things would be safe from whatever weather is happening. Even a nice, sunny day can make guests want to congregate toward the party tent, so as to escape the burning rays of the sun.
As you might expect, there are a number of party tent sizes because there are so many possible events they can be used for. Most party tent rental companies have tents available beginning with 10′ x 10′ sizes, and increasing in size by 10′ increments. That means you could conceivably rent a tent as big as 50′ x 50′ or even larger, to accommodate a large number of guests. It’s fairly easy to calculate the size of the tent you will need, by considering how many guests you’ll have, whether there will be a sit-down meal served or whether there will be stand-up tables included, and then determining whether you need to include buffet service, a bar, a stage, and any kind of accessory tables.
Content for using Asphalt Anchors to hold down tents and canopy structures.
- Tent Spikes, Earth Augers and 55-gallon barrels of water are commonly used to anchor down Tent and Canopy structures. Tent spikes from 42” and longer are time consuming and have limited uplift resistance. Earth Augers also have limit uplift resistance and need special equipment to drive into the payment and dirt below.
- Asphalt Anchors provide uplift resistant values from 1,500 to 5,000 lbs. They install and are ready to use in 15 minutes.
- Instead of driving a 42” Tent Stake, Asphalt Anchors require a 7/8” to 1 1/2” diameter hole and a drill depth from 6” to 10” deep.
- The SP58 Asphalt Anchor provides 5,000 lbs in uplift resistance. That far exceeds the performance of tent stakes and earth augers.
- Asphalt anchors can be installed flush with the surface of the asphalt. This is a great feature for temporary tent or canopy that will be taken down and reinstalled in the future. The tent can be re-anchored in the original Asphalt Anchor. No need to drive a new set up tent spikes into the parking lot. When not in use, the anchor thread opening can be capped with a plastic plug which protects the Asphalt Anchor from the elements.
- Asphalt Anchors save time and money.
- They install in a fraction of the time.
- They provide superior uplift resistance compared to tent stakes and earth augers.
- No special installation equipment is needed
- Anchors are ready to use in 15 minutes
- Corrosion resistant finishes: Zinc Plated, Stainless Steel 304 & Dacromet
Customers also searched for asphalt anchors.