Tents and canopy structures are ideal for use when you need an outdoor structure for some purpose, but you don’t want that structure to remain a permanent feature of the landscape. Many events make great use of tents to house vendors and their wares, or to serve as a gathering place for attendees. These structures can keep the weather out, so your event won’t be spoiled by inclement weather, and they also serve as a level of protection for any contents being temporarily stored inside.
Securing your tents and canopy structures
When your temporary tents and canopy structures are being setup on a grassy area, you can simply use stakes to secure them to a specific area. This will be sufficient to prevent them from being uprooted by winds, and it will also help to maintain the original form and structure of the tent. When tents are being mounted on asphalt, the best approach is to use asphalt anchors from MJC Sales & Marketing, because these have been specifically designed for the purpose, and they do a great job of holding your structure firmly to the asphalt surface.
Features and benefits of tents
One of the strongest reasons for using temporary tents and canopies, is that it allows you to take your event outside, where participants can enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. Tents and canopies are also very flexible, and can easily accommodate an overflow of guests, if you have an unexpectedly popular event. They do provide protection against the weather, and when your event is over, it’s much easier to clean up the area around a tent than it would be to clean up some indoor space you could have used to stage the event. You can also decorate your tents in any way that might be appropriate for your specific purpose.
Usage and purposes
Tents and canopies come in all sizes and shapes, and that makes them extremely useful for a whole catalog of events. You could stage a corporate show or meeting under a large canopy, you could hold a wedding there with all the guests, or you could hold a private party under a canopy to ensure your guests stay dry. Canopies are open-air structures which tend to simply have a protective covering overhead, with an open frame to allow for air circulation. Tents will be entirely enclosed, and will not be as good at circulating air throughout the interior. Each has its own appeal, and can be used to host almost any event requiring temporary shelter.
Of course, you can have a tent or canopy customized to any shape or size you want, and a number of manufacturers will be glad to collaborate with you on that custom structure. However, there are some standard sizes which you can find at most rental stores, and at a number of temporary structure rental companies. Some of the more popular sized tents and canopies are 10′ x 15′, 10′ x 20′, 20′ x 20′, 20′ x 26′, 20′ x 40′, and the extra large 30′ x 75′. The size temporary structure you need will depend on the number of guests you expect, as well as what kind of goods you need to store inside.
Content for using Asphalt Anchors to hold down tents and canopy structures.
- Tent Spikes, Earth Augers and 55-gallon barrels of water are commonly used to anchor down Tent and Canopy structures. Tent spikes from 42” and longer are time consuming and have limited uplift resistance. Earth Augers also have limit uplift resistance and need special equipment to drive into the payment and dirt below.
- Asphalt Anchors provide uplift resistant values from 1,500 to 5,000 lbs. They install and are ready to use in 15 minutes.
- Instead of driving a 42” Tent Stake, Asphalt Anchors require a 7/8” to 1 1/2” diameter hole and a drill depth from 6” to 10” deep.
- The SP58 Asphalt Anchor provides 5,000 lbs in uplift resistance. That far exceeds the performance of tent stakes and earth augers.
- Asphalt anchors can be installed flush with the surface of the asphalt. This is a great feature for temporary tent or canopy that will be taken down and reinstalled in the future. The tent can be re-anchored in the original Asphalt Anchor. No need to drive a new set up tent spikes into the parking lot. When not in use, the anchor thread opening can be capped with a plastic plug which protects the Asphalt Anchor from the elements.
- Asphalt Anchors save time and money.
- They install in a fraction of the time.
- They provide superior uplift resistance compared to tent stakes and earth augers.
- No special installation equipment is needed
- Anchors are ready to use in 15 minutes
- Corrosion resistant finishes: Zinc Plated, Stainless Steel 304 & Dacromet
Customers also searched for asphalt anchors.